Monday, May 21, 2012

UNAS FOTOS! Buenos Aires through my lens

Although I am not cool enough to play with the big kids to have a DSLR camera like everyone else, I still very much enjoy taking pictures, and, am MORE than satisfied with my camera: a Canon PowerShot G11. It has a really nice LCD viewing screen so I more than often don't even have to look through the viewfinder. I know people who can talk up all the other technical stuff for days, and I know more or less about it, but I also just like the simplicity of point-and-shoot ability to get great shots. Granted, the following pictures I am about to show you have also been edited using Photoshop CS5 because I like to edit my photos before putting them up anywhere (Facebook, etc), mostly to resize them to a smaller size so that the act of uploading does not take as long. Most of my friends and family keep up with my pictures via Facebook, but I would also like to put some here for any others who might be interested. The following pictures were all taken in Buenos Aires and represent either iconic scenes / monuments of the city, my favorite places, my favorite moments, or, in general, shots I just happen to really like ascetically:

PS - Sorry for the extremely long, scroll-bar setup of this post. I'm not sure how to make a better photoset within a post on blogspot. Can anyone help with this? I hope you enjoy anyways! I know clicking on the picture to see it in full size will let you click 'next' all the way through all the photos, so I hope that works just the same.

PPS - I have to continue writing about the trips I have been on (now that I have written about Chile and Uruguay, I still have my short visit to parts of Patagonia and Mendoza left), and will include their respective photos there. I also am very interested in film photography, and have taken a couple of rolls of film and got the pictures developed, that I will potentially also show on a post here. Enjoy!













1 comment:

  1. Picasa plays well with blogspot. Upload to Picasa and the embed a slideshow into the blog.

    You can also do a similar thing with Flickr, but there are a couple more steps.

    --Mommy ;)

    ReplyDelete